PROPERTY FOR RENT IN MALTA & GOZO
There is a wealth of property for rent in Malta and Gozo. At Sapphire Real Estate we have helped many of our customers find the place they were looking for. We have compiled some information to help you through this process. Long Lets and Relocating.
The rental process in Malta & Gozo is very straight forward giving the tenants the opportunity to rent out in a matter of days.
When looking to rent in Malta and Gozo one should understand that a long let is usually considered to be for a period of not less than six months. The rental price is usually substantially lower than the short let price and that is why a contract binds the lessee to take the property for a minimum period. All contracts (unless agreed otherwise) include a ‘force majeure’ clause which gives the Lessee the right to terminate the lease before it’s a lapse, should he/she have to leave the island for a valid reason.
There will also be:
1. A refundable security deposit – usually equivalent to one or two months’ rent.
2. Rent in advance – depending on what is agreed (this could be monthly, quarterly or even yearly).
3. An agency fee – The standard agency fee is equivalent to half of the first month’s rent + 18% V.A.T. from the Landlord and half of the first month’s rent from the tenant + 18% V.A.T.
4. Provisional deposit for water & electricity depending on what is agreed.
A short let can range from a minimum of 7 days to 6 months. The rent varies depending on the property, the number of persons renting and the duration. When looking at property for rent in Malta, you will generally have to pay a higher daily rent for a one-week duration when compared to a one-month duration.
1. Rent is usually paid in advance. However, this can be negotiated differently on monthly rentals.
2. The agency fee is 10% + 18% V.A.T. of the total rent from the landlord and 10% + 18% V.A.T. of the total rent from the tenant excluding 18% VAT.
HOLIDAY RENTAL ACCOMMODATION
Malta and Gozo are the islands for a beautiful holiday destination and one can book a short let apartment with us and pay through our Malta bank transfer client’s account. All you need to do is pack your case and feel safe in the knowledge that your money is safe and your apartment will be waiting for you, along with some glorious sunshine.
To secure your booking of a holiday property for rent in Malta and Gozo, a non-refundable 25% deposit is required upon booking. The balance is due 8 weeks prior to your arrival.
Effecting payments through your bank, you will need to instruct them to transfer funds to one of various Malta banks, through our client accounts upon request.
Sapphire Real Estate Malta is committed to offering a highly professional service. Our apartments come fully equipped and include towels and bedding. Transfers from the airport can be arranged, as can, car hire if required. Wi-fi services are also available. When you rent in Malta and Gozo, Sapphire Real Estate will ensure your stay is a pleasant and enjoyable one!
Book now !