There are a number of expenses that are incurred when purchasing Malta property and we have listed them below:
It is important to remember that there are notarial fees, selling expenses and agency fees to pay upon completion of the sale.
- Stamp duty: 5% of the value of the residential property (in some cases 2%, and until March 2021, 3.5% for a property costing at least €200,000 )
- Notary fee: 0.25–1% of the property’s value.
- Agency fee: 1% – 5% + 18% VAT.
- Registration fee: up to 2% + 18% VAT.
- AIP permit (if needed): €233.